Central Florida Summer Activities for Kids
It’s that time of year again… SUMMER! School’s out and it’s time for some fun in the sun. Breaking the school year routine is exciting, however, you’ll need a few activities to fill up some of the free time. Living in central Florida is great, there are endless summer activities, the only issue you’ll have is picking what to do! Here at The Erica Diaz Team, we pride ourself in knowing what’s hot in all the communities of Central Florida. Check out this fun-filled list of different day camps and other fun activities we created.
Central Florida Summer Fun Activities
- The Orange County Library (Winter Garden Brach) has a variety of different activities going on this summer. They offer events FREE OF CHARGE ranging from a Pigeon Party celebrating the author Mo Williams, Family Yoga Night and even WhizKids Online Resources for tweens. They have actives for the whole family, we mean everyone, from babies to adults. With over 500 activities going on this summer, you are sure to find something that will spark your interest. Some of their events DO require registration and spots fill up quickly so register asap.
- The Roper YMCA is offering Day Camps, Specialty Camps, Aquatic Camps, and Sports Camps over the summer. They include field trips, arts and crafts, games, sports, and even weekly family events. They are available for kids who have completed kindergarten through 12th grade. Camps start June 3rd – August 2nd. The camps are available for members and non-members!
- Romp n’ Roll has classes this summer for ages birth to 5 years. They have a variety of gross motor classes available. You and your child will be engaged with fun games and unique equipment. They even offer a free intro class! One hour classes are offered throughout the day. You can purchase a summer pass for $99 that includes 5 classes and 5 open gym visits. The pass is good from May 27th – August 2nd. This is a great option for younger families.
- Camp Ithiel has Christan based summer camps for ages 6-18. Their overnight camps run for 3 to 5 days and are available for ages 6 -18. Your child will enjoy camping and several outdoor nature activities. Prices range from $130 up to $360. They are offering a day camp that will be held June 4th – 10th from 8:45am – 4:00pm. The cost is $150. Day Camp activities include big games, camp style worship, skits, crafts, Bible lessons, group challenges, small group times, and s’mores!
- Mad Science has a variety of MAD summer camps. Kids, 1st – 5th grade will create, build and assemble projects all while learning about how science affects the world around us. Camps are held Monday- Friday and run for 3 hours. The prices range from $100 – $179 depending on your camp selection. One that caught our eye was Yuckology! This camps focus will be on GROSS things of science. They will explore some of the human bodies “gross” functions with hands-on activities.
- America Dragon Martial Arts Academy has some fun exciting camps to kick off your summer. Their camps offer outdoor activities, hands-on learning activities, and even Taekwondo classes. All activities are designed to help develop your child’s physical and mental strength as well as their confidence. Program hours are Monday- Friday 7:00am to 6:00pm.
- The Orange County Library (Windermere Branch) also has many activities going on. They offer several different story times and even a Toddler time to help build peer relationships. Don’t forget, some of their activities require registration.
- Aktion Parks will be offering several camps this summer. Each session lasts a week, Monday – Friday, 10am – 4pm and is for ages 7-15. Camp activities include water time, wakeboarding (basic gear and life vest included), and out of the water activities. They even provide lunch from the Dockside Grille. Camps begin June 3rd – August 9th. Each session is $399 ($325 for season pass holders). Why not soak up some sun and enjoy the water while learning a few new tricks.
- The Art Room is offering several different art activity day camps this summer. A great way to use your imagination and create some beautiful art to decorate the fridge. Our favorite activity on the list is Duck Tape Dragons. They have three sessions that are each 2 hours, 10am-12pm, 1pm-3pm, 3:30pm-5:30pm and camps run for a total of 5 days, running June 3rd – August 2nd. Class cost ranges from $155 -$185 depending on supplies for the project.
- The Doctor P. Phillips YMCA is offering some of the same camps as the Roper YMCA. Their camps include field trips, arts and crafts, games and sports, and even weekly family events. They are available from kids who have completed kindergarten though 12hgrade. Camps start June 3rd– August 2nd. They each run 5 days so you can sign up for one or more. The camps are available for members and non-members and will run you a $12 registration fee and $120 for the week.
- Go Play Academy has a lot of fun activities this summer, including pretend play and special guest visitors from the community, throughout the summer. They will host different parties and events each week such as a Sock Hop and Disco day. So grab the kids and let them play and party this summer. Their rates are $95 a week with hours from 8am-2pm, or$125 a week for the hours from 8am-5pm.
- Garden Music Kids has some neat camps, with several different activities throughout the day. Cooking, art, drama/theater, dance and indoor play are a few. Camps are from 9am – 3pm. Every Friday is Fun Friday where they will have different activities bases on a fun theme. Cost is $175 a week and they offer a 20% off discount for siblings.
Other Camps and Activities in Central Florida
- The Brevard Zoo offers several half day and full day camps. They are available for kids who will be entering Kindergarten in the fall all the way through 12thgrade. They even Family Camps! Camps start as early as June 3rdand run through August 9th, most camps run for 5 days and are 8am – 12pm for half day and 8am – 4pm for a full day. They offer several different session and areas of interest. Family camps are $60, half-day camps are $155-$195, Full day camps are $320-$360.They even offer a discount for Zoo Members.
- Orlando Metro Gymnastics has 4 different day camps available this year for kids 4 to 17 years old. They will have field trips on Tuesday and Thursday to Baldwin Park, Lake Mary, and Avalon Park. They also have several other activities for your children to enjoy that include gymnastics, climbing wall, outdoor activities, bounce house, and swimming (Monday and Wednesday). Camps begin May 30thand run through August 9th. You can select how many days you would like your child to attend, and they offer full days, 7:30am -6:00pm or half days, 7:30am -12:30pm or 1:00pm-6:00pm. Depending on how many days your register for you can expect to pay anywhere from $40 to $165. They offer discounts for siblings and discounts for registering for more days.
- The REP offers several camps and classes over the summer. They have classes available for ages 4 years through 12thgrade. Seriously they have some great options, one of our favorites is the Baby Shark and Friends Camp. It for 4-5 year olds, can you even imagine! Most classes/camps run for 5 days, prices range from $135 – $235 based on your class selection. Get your kids up and moving this summer!
- SummerQuest at The First Academy If you’re commuting to Downtown Orlando daily, this may be the camp for your kids! The First Academy offers 40+ grade specific camps throughout the summer ranging from a few days to all week. The camps cover a wide range of fine and visual arts, academic growth, and sports.
- The Glazer Children’s Museum offers FREE Tuesdays! You heard that right… The first Tuesday of every month is FREE admission to the museum between the hours of 12-6pm. Be sure to add this one to your calendar.